Happy New Year! Enjoy!
"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." ~Bill Vaughan
|Truffles rolled in cocoa powder coating.|
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- Topping: Use any of the following: cocoa powder, sugar sprinkles, confectioner's sugar, or finely chopped nuts
- Place chopped pieces of chocolate and honey or agave nectar (I prefer agave nectar) in a heatproof mixing bowl.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan and immediately pour the cream into the bowl with the chocolate and honey or agave nectar.
- Stir until all the chocolate has melted. Add the champagne and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least one hour until the chocolate mixture is firm enough to roll into balls.
- Using a melon spoon or small ice cream scoop form into 1-inch truffle balls.
- Roll each truffle in the topping of your choice.
- Transfer to a serving plate lined with parchment paper or waxed paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving (this will help the topping adhere to the truffle).
- Can be stored up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 3 dozen truffles. Enjoy!
|A New Year's Toast to all my blog friends!|
"New Year's Day...Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." ~Mark Twain