- Time is a great storyteller.
- A friend's eye is a good mirror.
- Don't give cherries to pigs, or advice to fools.
- Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.
- A loud voice can make even the truth sound foolish.
- A watched kettle never boils.
- Never ask a fox to watch the hens.
- Patience cures many an old complaint.
- Never speak to the feet while the head is alive.
- The older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune.
- Trouble hates nothing as much as a smile.
- An old broom knows the dirty corners best.
- One eye is the corner is sharper than two about the house.
- Be kind to those you meet as you rise, you may pass them again as you fall.
- As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.
- May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent.
- When flowers
bloom, I hope you'll not sneeze,
and may you always have someone to squeeze!
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
- May the sun shine bright on your windowpane,
and may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
- May your pockets be heavy, your heart be light,
and may good luck pursue you morning and night.