May 27, 2012

Red, White, Blue and Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae


A special Salute and Thank You to all the guys and the gals who have served and are serving our country! 

I made this ice cream sundae for the Memorial Day holiday with all the patriotic colors, fruit in season and, of course, chocolate! Delicious and refreshing on a hot day after a barbeque. 

Directions:

Chill dessert dishes. Use whole fresh blueberries, and sliced fresh strawberries. Suggest sprinkling a little sugar (or sugar substitute) over the sliced strawberries, just enough to make them glisten and remove some of the tartness.

Put a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of the chilled dish. Add a layer of sliced strawberries and drizzle with chocolate sauce (I like the dark chocolate sauce). Then another big scoop of vanilla ice cream, a layer of blueberries, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top with whipped cream, drizzle of chocolate sauce, and garnish with a whole strawberry. Enjoy!

©2012 JerseyLil’s 2 Cents.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina, it is so yummy! There are two spoons in the photo because my husband and I ate it right after I took the picture!

      Delete
  2. As usual, the picture just tempts... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dhaston, you really must try this if you like fruit, ice cream and chocolate! I took this photo yesterday and the whipped cream was even higher but had melted a bit before I got the picture taken. Then we ate it...LOL!

      Delete
  3. Madilyn, you're killing me. You must know that an ice cream sundae is the one food I find irresistible. This one looks "out of this world."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Marty! I am an ice cream lover, too! This is very simple and it’s my own creation. I came up with it yesterday. My husband and I ate it immediately after I took the photo (hence the two spoons!). Oh, it was so good!!

      Delete
  4. If we ever meet in person, we'll definitely make friends over an ice cream :) I am just having a huge bowl right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Petro, friends having ice cream together, I like it!! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow this is a good idea and looks yummy. Thanks JerseyLil. You should make a cook book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CrazyMama! This is really yummy and easy!! I like your cookbook idea, I might think about that. :)

      Delete
  6. Yummy! A great tribute to those hard-working forces here and abroad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my tribute in patriotic colors and yummy flavors! Thanks, Melody!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh it is, Ana, but it's so good!!!

      Delete
  8. This looks so good. I can't wait to make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ice cream, fresh fruit and chocolate...yes, it really is delicious! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Jersey,
    Please pick up your Sunshine Award at http://theseamanmom.blogspot.com/2012/05/sunshine-award.html
    Congratulations!

    Many hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Petro, that's so sweet and I could sure use some sunshine! :)

      Delete
  10. Would love to eat it. Can you parcel it to Pakistan? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL and thanks, Fahad! If I could, I would parcel it to you! :)

      Delete
  11. Yeah you're back!!! Sweet as ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CrazyMama! I removed the "offending" template and just put up a simple Blogger one for now. I am still working on some redesigning before posting again soon! :)

      Delete